Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Skiing when the temperature goes up 30 degrees and I go down at 45 degrees

Enrico and were back at work today, but we saw the temperature going up, up, up, so we left early to take our canine child for a skijor before dark. In my rush to change and get out the door, I slipped while coming down the wooden stairs in my wool socks, and had a spectacular crash through the child safety gate at the bottom of the stairs. Wood went flying everywhere! Max and Enrico came rushing over. I seemed fine, and we went directly out to ski.

Unfortunately, warmer temperatures also brought wind, so it felt pretty cold still, but the snow was faster to ski on with the warmer temperatures. I went out first, with Noko (harnessed to Enrico) chasing me. We had a good ski--about 40 minutes or so, then came back to shower before heading off to West Fargo to watch Max's swim meet.

By the end of the meet, my body was beginning to feel sore in a few places from my pre-ski toboggan run down the stairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment