Sunday, January 14, 2018

Throng of Thirty Out Skiing Today!

Woke up to cloudy skies and steadily falling snow. Once again, the snow was falling straight down, not being blown around--a special sight in North Dakota, which tends to be windy in winter. I decided to go out late morning while the snow was still coming down because I heard it was going to be windy later in the afternoon.

I hadn't been skiing for a few days, so I felt kind of stiff at first, but something soon cheered me up--I passed a couple of skiers with smiles on their faces, then a group of four people and a dog, then another couple, and a dad with a very little son on the side of the trail, who pointed me out to his dad as I skied by, "Look at that!" It was just so heartwarming to see so many people out enjoying skiing. By the end of my hour and ten minutes skiing, I counted 30 people out on the trails today.

Near the end of my ski, I just stopped here and listened to the sound of the snow falling on these dried grasses. It was a beautiful sound--even a gray day has its delights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment