Saturday, December 23, 2017

First Ski of 2017-18 season on Winter Solstice--December 21st

We got snow for Solstice!  I took a break from preparing for our neighborhood holiday party to go for a ski with Noko on the trails alongside the Red River of the North.
My Solstice decorations include birch poles from my friend Denise, snowflake lights, and a Halloween decoration to represent Raven, who brought light to the people. 

At first Noko was taken aback by the cold snow (it was -1F) and kept lifting up his paws, but eventually we got going. We skied to the dogpark and on the way back, he actually got into pulling for a bit. In his older middle age, he has slowed down a bit and likes to stop and be petted and praised for his pulling quite frequently.
Noko taking a break to smell the grasses on the side of the trail. 
I was thinking we would ski in the direction of the water treatment plant as well, but he balked, and when I asked him if he wanted to go home, he headed for the dike. Okay, then, just a short ski today. That was fine, as I still had a lot of party preparations to do. Also, I, too, am a bit slower in my middle age. If I get out each day, I hope to be feeling more sprightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment