Sunday, February 17, 2013

Just an Average Sunday Ski

I was going to take a nap, but made a split decision to ski instead. I quickly changed into my ski clothes, not taking time to think about how windy it was outside, or how I got up too early and would really love to nap, nor did I give any thought to how pleasant it would be to read a book and drink a cup of tea. No, I went directly to ski, no second thoughts.

Once out there, I was so happy to be outside even though I had a heckuva headwind immediately. I just took it easy, and tried not to catch my ski tips in the little drifts of snow at the edge of the trail. Despite the blusteriness, the air temp and snow temp were warm, making for fast skating, especially when I turned around and got a tail wind. I got excited when I could feel the wind pushing at my back, so I got kind of uppity and did a lot of V2 on the way back. Also there were five classic skiers strung out along the trail, and like rabbits in a greyhound race, they drove me to faster speeds.

I ended my ski gasping for breath, heart pounding, sweat pouring down my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment