Saturday, February 12, 2011

Second Saturday Ski was Ski-joring with Noko

I woke up from a nap, and it was utterly quiet in the house. No one was there except Noko, our one-year-old Black Lab/Australian Shepherd/Pointer/St. Bernard mutt. I had not taken him skiing all week, and my husband was getting tired of doing it. With one hour of daylight left, I decided it was time for us to get outside together. He didn't want to get the harness on at first, so I rewarded him with a little treat. We headed out on our own special trail that I've been maintaining this winter, first with snowshoes, and then with regular outings. Parts of it were snowblown, so we broke trail a bit on the way out. Noko was happy to be outside. I'm sure all the smells he enjoys so much were more pungent in today's warmer temperatures. This caused lots of stops and pauses on the way out. On the way back, Noko stretched out and ran hard. It was all I could do to stay on our narrow trail. I now thanked that yoga teacher who makes us do a million chair poses because that was the stance I took as I tried not to catch a tip in the deeper snow. We were flying!

It is a good day that begins, and ends, with a ski. 

No comments:

Post a Comment