Friday, January 4, 2019

The Way to Start a Day


Nothing like starting the day with a 10K classic cross-country ski on good tracks in sunshine and +26 degree F weather with little wind! I used purple wax on my skis which was just perfect. Later it will be a bit too warm for that and the trail will be mushy. It was a bit icy in the spots that got a lot of sun yesterday. It's too bad it got up to 40 above because a couple spots melted through to the ground on the part of the Lindenwood trail that faces south.
I enjoyed the warm weather yesterday, but the ski trail did not not.
Clothing

For today's weather +26F, 83% humidity, less than 10mph of wind, I wore a my light Prairie's Edge ski cap with ear muffs, an Odlo light baselayer and over that an Eddie Bauer fleece sweater that is smooth on the outside (giving it a slight wind resistance). On the bottom, just tights that have a thin layer of brushed fleece on the inside. Thin wool socks on my feet, ski gloves on my hands. I was toasty warm but did not get too wet from sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment