Monday, February 19, 2018

New Snow on Sunday!

I still get excited when I see new snow in the morning. It also looked a bit windy, so Enrico and I felt it was our civic duty to get out to the trails and ski the new snow into the tracks before it all blew away. We had a good, long ski at a steady pace. The new snow felt soft under our skis. Compared to yesterday, it was like the difference between leather slippers and shearling-lined slippers. We saw another family out skiing; one of the parents was pulling their child behind them in a pulka-type sled.

The new snow was white compared to patches of old snow that were kind of grayish.
This photos shows the new snow blown into the ski tracks is whiter than the old snow revealed by the wind. 
The sky was gray and the light was dull. But Enrico and I skied side-by-side the whole time, so my heart was warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment