Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blood, sweat, and tears

I got kind of intense about my Sunday ski. Previously, I was skiing casually, patiently waiting for more snow, hoping for groomed trails before trying to get serious about logging the skating Ks, but when I went out this time, I just thought, "Screw it--I'm going to skate anyway." The Korteloppet will be here before I know it, and I need to have more hours doing skating technique. Sadly, we have had so little snow, that I could just skate anywhere, though it was much easier on our little skijoring  and kicksled trail because it had been packed down a bit. I've had a cold, so my skating rhythm included many head turning, nose blowing moves. At one point, I thought I saw a spray of blood, but with my attitude that day, I just kept skiing, a la Ann Schuler style. Grrrrr! I took this photo at the end of my workout, when I was feeling pretty tired. No pain, no gain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment