Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow! Finally.

Yes! Fargo-Moorhead got five inches of snow yesterday and skiing is finally really happening at this late date. Bright whiteness covering the brown that has gone on too long, and such fluffiness as one walks. Like walking in clouds. Oh, how I have missed the snow. I dashed out yesterday without properly warming up, knowing Noko is dying to get out skijoring. Within 5 minutes we encountered an off leash dog who distracted Noko and I got jerked back and my knee slipped out a bit. Stupid!

After icing & ibuprofen, I ventured out again just now for a classic ski by the river without Noko just to see how it felt. Not too bad. I saw another skier ahead of me, so I had to catch up. I am such a dog myself  sometimes. Just like Noko when he sees a squirrel. I just have to chase, even though I know a) I am not in very good shape b) my knee is injured c) people probably do not appreciate being chased when they are out for a leisurely ski.

So . . . I overdid it again. Now I am icing. Awkward start to the ski season for me. I need to get centered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment