Friday, February 8, 2019

Post Blizzard Ski

NDSU had a late start (10am) this morning, but I couldn't go skiing because we had to shovel out our driveway. It was quite an effort because1) the windblown snow was tightly packed and 2) our snowbanks are getting quite high, so we have to lift our shovels way up to empty them. Uff da!

After work, I headed out to the trails. The temperature had warmed up to six below and the sun was shining. Fargo Parks had not set the tracks, so I had to break trail. It was interesting to see how the wind had blown debris over the newly fallen snow. There were also all kinds of beautiful patterns from all the wind yesterday.

It was cold, though! I could see where the deer had bedded down next to the trees along the trail in Ponte Park. I turned back at the rocks, because my feet were getting cold. I could see Enrico coming toward me. I swung my legs to warm up my feet and then we skied back together. While I headed back to the house, he continued skiing on to the dogpark. I got the dog. Noko was very excited to be outside after being trapped at home during the winter storm. However, the sun was setting, so we all headed back home after our short outing.

I'm missing the beautifully groomed trails and warm temperatures in Vermont. 

No comments:

Post a Comment