Friday, March 2, 2018

Skiing Under the Full Moon after NDSU Press Party

After watching my friend Denise Lajimodiere rock the NDSU Press party (she read from her recently published book of poetry titled Thunderbird), Enrico and I went out for a ski in the moonlight. The full moon was bright, lighting the ski trails, and there was no wind, so we could really enjoy the experience. Some of the untouched snowflakes caught reflections of the moon and magically sparkled at us. The trail was very fast, with a few icy spots from the day's thaw.

On the way back, it seemed like the edges of my peripheral vision were becoming blurry. "I'm just getting tired," I thought, but then I noticed that there was a fuzzy halo around the moon, and as we went around a bend of the river, it was clear that a fog had formed since we headed out. It made the whole scene look even more mysterious and magical. We were out for about an hour and half, gliding along, then pausing and talking. It was kind of romantic and the closest thing to a date that we have had for the very busy past two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment