Sunday, March 17, 2013

Logging the Ks

I have been skiing 54 times this winter (since December 14th), from 25min to 2 hours each time. Yesterday, I got back from Las Vegas around 2pm and was out on the trail by 6pm. It was only 5 above, so I chose to do some classic skiing, and I had the perfect wax and perfect glide. It was sunny and lovely out, and my heart and lungs felt great, so I just went full steam for about an hour, enjoying my engine, feeling the fluidity of the kick-and-glide rhythm. It was "like butter"!

Today I went skijoring with Noko. He is obviously in better shape than at the beginning of the winter too. He doesn't have to stop and rest so often, and he can really pull hard sometimes. I had to tuck a few times because I just couldn't ski fast enough to keep up with him.

We are supposed to get 4-8 more inches of snow tonight! I'm delighted that the ski season is continuing. I really thought I would come back from the conference, and it would be over. So . . . I skied a lot before I left, even just before getting on the plane. Now, with cool temps predicted for the rest of the week, it looks like I will get a few more ski outings in. Maybe I can break 60?

No comments:

Post a Comment